50 lessons 2022 taught me by Robin Sharma
1. Deep change is the perfect time to work on your heroism, fearlessness and service to many.
2. Getting really fit is the one habit that lifts every habit.
3. That fasting increases my energy exponentially, keeps my focus clear and saves on my grocery bills.
4. That few things bring you as much joy as creating “magical moments” for your family.
5. That other people’s opinions about you are none of your business.
6. That reading for one hour every single day is a beautiful pursuit in a world suffering from broken focus syndrome.
7. That being the hardest working person in the room is never a bad thing.
8. That we are nomadic as a species and our souls come alive when we travel.
9. That people have never been so interested in personal growth and professional mastery as now.
10. That Tuesdays With Morrie still moves my heart and reminds me of the brilliance of the human spirit.
“The smallest of actions is always better than the noblest of intentions.”
― Robin S. Sharma, Who Will Cry When You Die?
11. That there are no extra people on the planet and that every one of us is equal, fascinating and wonderful.
12. That dogs are incredible creatures.
13. That just because some people can be mean doesn’t mean you should ever be mean.
14. That forgiveness is a productivity accelerator and understanding is the gateway into forgiveness.
15. That having that special someone who gets you, encourages you and truly loves you for who you are is a gargantuan blessing.
16. That rest is a secret success weapon and napping is the habit of giants.
17. That digital media is a gorgeous tool and a dangerous master.
18. That too many good people are destroying their futures watching inane videos on their smartphones.
19. That silence, solitude and stillness early every morning is one of the finest elite performance rituals.
20. That joy, peace and freedom is 1000x more valuable than fame, fortune and applause.
21. That most superheroes are anonymous.
22. That reading the news must be done in careful moderation.
23. That writing handwritten thank-you notes brings me great joy.
24. That doing the thing which is hardest to do is generally the thing which is wisest to do.
25. That I probably only have 25 summers left so I better upgrade my passion for life even more.
26. That seeing your work as a craft and devoting yourself to optimizing it is a vast source of inspiration.
27. That I need very few things to lead a beautiful life.
28. That rich conversations are more valuable than money.
29. That my continued habit of rising at 5AM has made all the difference.
30. That I’m happiest when I’m helping.
“All that’s real is the moment right in front of you. Don’t miss that moment, because that’s where your life is.”
― Robin S. Sharma, The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO
31. That life is too short to play small with our talent.
32. That three hour walks are fantastic.
33. That excuses are liars and fears are thieves.
34. That instead of shrinking to meet the size of our fears we absolutely must expand to match the magnitude of our dreams.
35. That a few super great friends are always better than a million social media followers.
36. That every prayer is heard.
37. That karma is incredibly real.
38. That fresh mint and ginger tea each morning while writing in a journal is an excellent habit.
39. That the true reward for masterwork isn’t public appreciation but who you became in the process of creating the output.
40. That you can’t inspire others until you’ve inspired yourself.
41. That elite productivity requires that you be alone a lot.
42. That if people laugh at your big idea it’s likely a marvellous idea.
43. That critics are degenerated dreamers.
44. That as one becomes more successful one must work hard to grow more humble as nothing fails like success.
45. That music is most important to getting things done and enjoying each day.
46. That within a problem lives a precious gift.
47. That people grow bigger when they are given deep listening and honest appreciation.
48. That sunbathing is fun.
49. That going the extra mile for clients and others never goes out of style.
50. That the world is small so be extremely kind.
THE EVERYDAY HERO FORMULA
Free Video Training Series
When you click on the button above, you will be re-directed to the Robin Sharma website.
Come and meet one of my favourite authors
Celebrated Leadership Expert + Advisor to Business Titans + Humanitarian
Widely considered one of the top leadership and personal mastery experts and speakers in the world, his clients include NASA, Microsoft, Nike, Unilever, General Electric, FedEx, HP, Starbucks, Oracle, Yale University, PwC, IBM Watson, and the Young Presidents’ Organization. As a presenter, Robin Sharma possesses the rare ability to electrify an audience while delivering uncommonly original and tactical insights that lead to individuals doing their best work, teams providing superb results and organizations becoming unbeatable.
His #1 international bestsellers such as The Everyday Hero Manifesto, The 5AM Club, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, and Who Will Cry When You Die? have sold millions of copies in over ninety-two languages and dialects; making him one of the most widely read authors in the world.