Banana Cupcake with Frosting
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 12 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 ts[ salt
- 120 grams unsalted butter
- 120 grams sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 200°C; put the cups on the cupcake tray.
- Peel the bananas and mash them until they are very fine, leave them to cool.
- Separate the whites from the yolks, beat the whites until stiff peaks and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy, then add the yolks, one by one, add the vanilla and the banana puree, mix until everything is mixed well.
- Alternately mix the milk and flour. Fold in the egg whites so that they don't lose their volume.
- Fill each cup up to 3/4 full and bake in the oven at 180ºC for 20 minutes. Continue baking until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Take them out of the oven and let them rest for 10 min on a rack. Decorate each cupcake with frosting.
- Frosting:Beat the butter with the cream cheese and mix them very well, once incorporated add little by little the icing sugar until you get a fluffy mixture, finally add the vanilla essence.
Chef Carmelo’s recipes
Strip roast stewed in red wine
Strip roast stewed in red wine A very rich and easy to make dish. You can also use pork ribs instead of beef. 1 kg meaty strip roast 1 medium carrot (peeled and diced)2 cups red wine1 ripe tomato (diced)3 cloves garlic finely chopped2 potatoes (diced)1 small...
Pumpkin Asparagus Ragout
Pumpkin cream with asparagus, ginger, dried tomatoes and arugula A delicious creamy mix best served hot. 250 grams pumpkin 100 grams potatoes 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped 2 sprigs chives, finely chopped 3 tbsp unsalted butter 1/2 liter chicken broth 2 tbsp...
Asian Chicken Meatballs
Asian Chicken Meatballs These superquick, juicy little Asian-inspired meatballs are great wrapped in lettuce cups or served with steamed rice. For the meatballs 500 grams ground chicken 1 cup fine breadcrumbs 1 clove garlic 1 tsp soy sauce 1 tsp sesame oil 1...
Vegetarian Hamburgers Try this healthy and delicious veggie burger for a filling midweek meal. They're packed with protein, fiber, and flavor. 250 grams mushrooms, cut into slices 1 small onion, diced 1 small zucchini, diced 1 small carrot, peeled and diced 25...
Bavarian Cream with Red Fruits
Bavarian Cream with Red Fruits Bavarian Cream is a cousin dessert of the Panacotta that is made with cream, jelly, milk, combined with strawberry and raspberry to create a delicious and easy to prepare dessert. 1 tsp vanilla essence 200 grams strawberries 125 grams...