Bavarian Cream with Red Fruits
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 grams strawberries
- 125 grams raspberries
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 liter milk 1 cup
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 200 grams whipping cream
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur
- Cut strawberries in half lengthwise.
- In a saucepan, cook the milk with the vanilla essence. Separately beat the egg yolk with 1 ½ tablespoon of sugar until obtaining a thick cream. Pour the milk over this mixture while continuing to stir.
- Add the gelatin to this mixture. Stir and let cool.
- Assemble the cream, stir with the rods once it begins to set until you obtain a fine cream. Incorporate it into the previous cream mixing carefully.
- Divide the cream into individual molds and dip one strawberry and one raspberry into each. Refrigerate for two hours.
- Separately, wash the orange, cut the skin into thin strips and squeeze the fruit and mix with the sugar, the orange liqueur and the skin strips. Marinate the remaining cut strawberries and raspberries for 30 minutes in this preparation.
- Serve the Bavarian cream with the macerated strawberries and raspberries.
Chef Carmelo’s recipes
Strip roast stewed in red wine
Strip roast stewed in red wine A very rich and easy to make dish. You can also use pork ribs instead of beef. 1 kg meaty strip roast 1 medium carrot (peeled and diced)2 cups red wine1 ripe tomato (diced)3 cloves garlic finely chopped2 potatoes (diced)1 small...
Pumpkin Asparagus Ragout
Pumpkin cream with asparagus, ginger, dried tomatoes and arugula A delicious creamy mix best served hot. 250 grams pumpkin 100 grams potatoes 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped 2 sprigs chives, finely chopped 3 tbsp unsalted butter 1/2 liter chicken broth 2 tbsp...
Banana Cupcake with Frosting
Banana Cupcake with Frosting 2 very ripe bananas250 grams all-purpose flour1/2 tsp baking soda12 tsp baking powder3/4 ts[ salt120 grams unsalted butter120 grams sugar3 eggs1/2 cup milk1 tsp vanilla essence Preheat the oven to 200°C; put the cups on the cupcake...
Asian Chicken Meatballs
Asian Chicken Meatballs These superquick, juicy little Asian-inspired meatballs are great wrapped in lettuce cups or served with steamed rice. For the meatballs 500 grams ground chicken 1 cup fine breadcrumbs 1 clove garlic 1 tsp soy sauce 1 tsp sesame oil 1...
Vegetarian Hamburgers Try this healthy and delicious veggie burger for a filling midweek meal. They're packed with protein, fiber, and flavor. 250 grams mushrooms, cut into slices 1 small onion, diced 1 small zucchini, diced 1 small carrot, peeled and diced 25...