Bejarana Cake (Banana Cake)
- 500 grams panela or brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 12 cloves
- 2 cups panela or mollasses
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp butter to grease the mold
- 2 large ripe bananas or ½ kilo of pulp, already baked
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fine grated fresh white cheese
- 1/4 cup sweet moscatel
- The oven is preheated to 180 º C.
- In advance, you make a molasses in a large pot, put the papelón, water and cloves. Over low heat bring to a boil and cook until the last drops fall slowly from a spoon of so that they form a small strand, about 20 minutes. The molasses are strained through a wire strainer, to remove the cloves, the impurities from the molasses and allow to cool.
- Spread a tablespoon of butter a rectangular or square baking pan can be greased, it can be glass or metal. Cover with baking paper and grease again with the other tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle the bottom with a tablespoon of breadcrumbs and a tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds, set aside.
- Bananas with their skin are baked and baked for 30 minutes. The skin and central veins are removed. Then the pulp is mixed together with the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, beaten in an electric mixer, successively adding the eggs, the bicarbonate, the remaining breadcrumbs, the sweet pepper, the cinnamon, the nutmeg, 2 tablespoons of sesame and the molasses. It is beaten about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the cheese and wine and beat for 2 minutes. The mixture is poured into a mold. Smooth the surface with a spatula and sprinkle with the remaining spoon of toasted sesame seeds.
- Bake about 60 minutes, until sticking with a toothpick or point of a knife comes out dry. It is removed from the oven, it is left to rest about 5 minutes. It is removed from the mold, the paper is removed, it is turned on a tray and sprinkled with an extra toasted sesame seed.
Pumpkin cream with asparagus, ginger, dried tomatoes and arugula A delicious creamy mix best served hot. 250 grams pumpkin 100 grams potatoes 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped 2 sprigs chives, finely chopped 3 tbsp unsalted butter 1/2 liter chicken broth 2 tbsp...
Banana Cupcake with Frosting 2 very ripe bananas250 grams all-purpose flour1/2 tsp baking soda12 tsp baking powder3/4 ts[ salt120 grams unsalted butter120 grams sugar3 eggs1/2 cup milk1 tsp vanilla essence Preheat the oven to 200°C; put the cups on the cupcake...
Asian Chicken Meatballs These superquick, juicy little Asian-inspired meatballs are great wrapped in lettuce cups or served with steamed rice. For the meatballs500 grams ground chicken1 cup fine breadcrumbs1 clove garlic1 tsp soy sauce1 tsp sesame oil1 tsp...