Michele has been an entrepreneur for 20+ years and has over 30 years of networking experience in many Chambers of Commerces and networking groups. She received networking training and held leadership positions in BNI (Business Networking International) for 8 years.
Networking is one of the most important skills you can develop to improve both your professional and personal life. However, it doesn’t come naturally to everyone and even if you are comfortable, you could be making some big mistakes with your connections.
Your approach is everything! If you go into it with a positive intention to meet new friends and be open to how you can help them, it changes the entire experience for everyone you meet!
Listen to my 10 valuable tips for successful networking!
- Develop relationships
- Connect people for mutual benefit
- Follow up – ACCOUNTABLE
Your headspace – Your approach
RELAX – a little nervous? Deep breathing, meditation, self talk – no pressure
Know who will be there? Need to do some homework?
2. HAVE INTENTION – GOAL
Always be positive – make it a good time
Look to make friends
See how you can help others.
3. NOT AN EVENT – Ongoing – building relationships QUALITY vs QUANITY – nurture and build – not just throwing your business card at as many people as you can.
4. INITIATE – Be the first to talk with someone – people standing alone, people are there to network. You can help them feel comfortable.
BREAK THE ICE – topic outside of the event – something funny? Positive – No politics!
5. BE PRESENT – keep your attention on the person you are talking to. Focus on looking a person in their eyes. When they are talking and when you are. Don’t look around
6. LISTEN – to the details – take notes if you can to help you remember for a later time.
On my notes in my phone or their business card.
DON’T try to promote yourself constantly.
7. GIVE – Connect, video, book, group, nothing to do with you.
Explain Power Teams
8. NO NEGATIVITY – Never be negative, about the event or anyone there.
9. DO NOT Stay with your comfort person, move on and meet people – eye contact
10. REACH OUT – FOLLOW UP – After the event, via email, text or phone
Connect with current connections to nurture. Every event doesn’t mean you have to meet 5 new people each time. Just depends on the situation.
Aamerican Expat now living in Valencia, Spain
Transformational Coach ♥ Entrepreneur ♥ speaker ♥ visionary ♥ writer ♥ moderator ♥ facilitator ♥ intuitive ♥ progressive ♥ open-minded ♥ lifelong student
LOVE Yourself Project is proud to present you with a wide range of knowledgeable presenters. Our speakers don’t just talk the talk, they are walking the walk, and they want to share their stories with you in hopes that you will find their information relatable and helpful in your own journey. We hope you love them as much as we do!
Programs and Workshops
Create an account and choose a membership that is right for you.
♥ Basic – Forever FREE
♥ Premium – Billed Annually (includes 3 workshops per year)
♥ Lifetime (only 50 available) – Forever FREE + access to all workshops + special discounts on courses and workshops offered by our presenters)