Chucho Cake (Fish)
- 750 grams shredded fish (ray fish can be used) although I use(dogfish or desalted cod) although I use(dogfish or desalted cod)
- 2 medium onions - brunoise cut small squares
- 1 red bell pepper - brunoise cut small squares
- 4 large red and green sweet peppers -brunoise cut
- 5 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 stalk scallion or green onion - brunoise cut
- 1 leek - brunoise cut
- 1 small bunch of cilantro - finely chopped
- 60 grams capers - finely chopped
- Onoto oil (Achiote) Substitute a little turmeric, paprika or saffron in a recipe if achiote is unavailable.
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- 4 plantains - very ripe
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams white hard cheese - grated
- unsalted butter( as neededd)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Precook the fish in boiling salted water, remove thefish, discard it and reserve in a dry container.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Fry all the ingredients of the stew in a frying panwith onoto (achiote) oil, integrating everything very well. Cover and let cookover low heat for 3 minutes and then add the fish, cover again for about 5 moreminutes, turn off the heat and start assembling the cake.
- Chop the bananas lengthwise and fry them in oil and set aside. Then, in a glass dish, spread butter and cover the bottom with a layer of banana slices. Beat one of the eggs and spread it over the slices creating a layer, then add a layer of fish stew, then a layer of half the cheese, then a fish layer, an egg layer and a slice. Finish off with a layer of the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. When ready, remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes and serve.
Chef Carmelo’s recipes
Strip roast stewed in red wine A very rich and easy to make dish. You can also use pork ribs instead of beef. 1 kg meaty strip roast 1 medium carrot (peeled and diced)2 cups red wine1 ripe tomato (diced)3 cloves garlic finely chopped2 potatoes (diced)1 small...
Pumpkin cream with asparagus, ginger, dried tomatoes and arugula A delicious creamy mix best served hot. 250 grams pumpkin 100 grams potatoes 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped 2 sprigs chives, finely chopped 3 tbsp unsalted butter 1/2 liter chicken broth 2 tbsp...
Banana Cupcake with Frosting 2 very ripe bananas250 grams all-purpose flour1/2 tsp baking soda12 tsp baking powder3/4 ts[ salt120 grams unsalted butter120 grams sugar3 eggs1/2 cup milk1 tsp vanilla essence Preheat the oven to 200°C; put the cups on the cupcake...
Asian Chicken Meatballs These superquick, juicy little Asian-inspired meatballs are great wrapped in lettuce cups or served with steamed rice. For the meatballs 500 grams ground chicken 1 cup fine breadcrumbs 1 clove garlic 1 tsp soy sauce 1 tsp sesame oil 1...
Vegetarian Hamburgers Try this healthy and delicious veggie burger for a filling midweek meal. They're packed with protein, fiber, and flavor. 250 grams mushrooms, cut into slices 1 small onion, diced 1 small zucchini, diced 1 small carrot, peeled and diced 25...