Chucho Cake (Fish)
- 750 grams shredded fish (ray fish can be used) although I use(dogfish or desalted cod) although I use(dogfish or desalted cod)
- 2 medium onions - brunoise cut small squares
- 1 red bell pepper - brunoise cut small squares
- 4 large red and green sweet peppers -brunoise cut
- 5 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 stalk scallion or green onion - brunoise cut
- 1 leek - brunoise cut
- 1 small bunch of cilantro - finely chopped
- 60 grams capers - finely chopped
- Onoto oil (Achiote) Substitute a little turmeric, paprika or saffron in a recipe if achiote is unavailable.
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- 4 plantains - very ripe
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams white hard cheese - grated
- unsalted butter( as neededd)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Precook the fish in boiling salted water, remove thefish, discard it and reserve in a dry container.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Fry all the ingredients of the stew in a frying panwith onoto (achiote) oil, integrating everything very well. Cover and let cookover low heat for 3 minutes and then add the fish, cover again for about 5 moreminutes, turn off the heat and start assembling the cake.
- Chop the bananas lengthwise and fry them in oil and set aside. Then, in a glass dish, spread butter and cover the bottom with a layer of banana slices. Beat one of the eggs and spread it over the slices creating a layer, then add a layer of fish stew, then a layer of half the cheese, then a fish layer, an egg layer and a slice. Finish off with a layer of the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. When ready, remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes and serve.
Pumpkin cream with asparagus, ginger, dried tomatoes and arugula A delicious creamy mix best served hot. 250 grams pumpkin 100 grams potatoes 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped 2 sprigs chives, finely chopped 3 tbsp unsalted butter 1/2 liter chicken broth 2 tbsp...
Banana Cupcake with Frosting 2 very ripe bananas250 grams all-purpose flour1/2 tsp baking soda12 tsp baking powder3/4 ts[ salt120 grams unsalted butter120 grams sugar3 eggs1/2 cup milk1 tsp vanilla essence Preheat the oven to 200°C; put the cups on the cupcake...
Asian Chicken Meatballs These superquick, juicy little Asian-inspired meatballs are great wrapped in lettuce cups or served with steamed rice. For the meatballs500 grams ground chicken1 cup fine breadcrumbs1 clove garlic1 tsp soy sauce1 tsp sesame oil1 tsp...