Gluten Free Banana Bread
Easy to make, delicious, moist and healthy. What else would you want from a banana bread?
- 3 medium ripe banans (3 bananas yield ~1 1/2 cups or 337 g)
- 1 medium egg OR substitute with chia egg*
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup panela optional**
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar optional**
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup OR use honey
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder make sure it is aluminum free
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk (no sugar added) substitute with your plant-based milk of choice
- 1 1/4 cup fine grind almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup fine grind oat flour OR substitute with gluten-free flour blend
- 1/ 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- 3 tbsp date paste see notes below
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C). Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add all ingredients - vanilla, egg, oil, cane sugar, brown sugar, chia seeds, maple syrup, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, almond milk.
- Whisk vigorously to combine and add almond flour, oat flour and oats and stir.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15.
- When ready, it should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top.
- Let cool completely for about an hour . Be patient. This time is needed to make sure it holds its form.
- Serve warm topped with butter and honey or your favorite jam.
*What is chia egg? It is the perfect egg substitute for vegan baking. 1 Tbsp chia seeds + 2.5 tbsp water = a chia egg **I used date paste instead of the 1/4 cup panela and 1/4 cup organic raw sugar. I melted it with the coconut oil.