Low Carb and Healthy Oatmeal Crepes
This simple, healthy recipe requires only a handful of ingredients and no standing time. This oatmeal crepe recipe is healthy, easy and delicious, flourless and gluten-free!
- 3 large eggs OR 4 medium eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon optional
- Add butter and heat non-stick pan at a low-medium temperature. This is the butter you will use in step 5.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk and water.
- Add salt.
- Add oat flour, one cup at a time, whisk until blended.
- Pour melted butter and olive oil into mixture. Whisk together.
- Using a ladle, pour the batter onto the skillet. Roll the pan from side to side just enough to cover the bottom of the pan evenly with a thin layer of crepe batter.
- Once bubbles start coming up and the middle looks ready, start working your way around the edges with a thin spatula, making sure no parts of the crêpes are stuck to the pan. (usually about 2 minutes)
- Flip carefully and cook on the other side until golden brown. (usually about a minute and a half)
- Put them on a plate and spread butter over the crepe. Stack them on top of each other until the batter is finished.
- Serve with maple syrup.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
- Fill with honey, fresh fruit, jam or chocolate, roll them up and enjoy!
- You can also make savory versions filled with ham and cheese.