Jumpstart your morning routine
Have you tried drinking hot water and lemon first thing in the morning? It’s an amazing way to jumpstart your day! There are many benefits to drinking a single glass of hot lemon water 15-30 minutes before breakfast. Use the juice of half a freshly squeezed lemon per 250ml (8 oz.) or adjust the amount lemon for your personal taste. It will not only help you stay hydrated, but it may also improve digestion and relieve symptoms of indigestion.
Sonja Breuer, Ayurveda Consultant recommends:
“Drink hot water in the morning as the first drink of the day. You can add lemon to the water which is alkalizing and contains vitamins, but it the most important aspect is that the water is warm or hot (not cold) and it should be drunk on an empty stomach.
Why is this important?
The water helps flush toxins out of the digestive system, which the body has been releasing overnight. You want these toxins to leave the body and not be re-absorbed into the bloodstream. This gives your system a little rinse before you start your day.
The warm water is much better than cold water, because cold water solidifies toxins and warm water flushes them out much better.”
LOVE Yourself in 90-days
October 15 2022 – January 15 2023
Follow the conversation in our FB Group. Join us now!
The many benefits of hot water and lemon:
– Gives your immune system a boost – Lemons are packed with nutrients including vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. The vitamin C in lemons can help alleviate stress and fight viral infections and sore throats. Potassium is beneficial to heart health, as well as brain and nerve function.
– Reduces inflammation and cleanses the system – Drinking lemon water regularly decreases acidity in your body and removes uric acid from joints. It enhances enzyme function, stimulating your liver and activating bile flow, which helps emulsify and flush out fat soluble toxins.
– Helps keep your skin blemish-free — The antioxidants in lemon juice help decrease blemishes and wrinkles.
– Can help you lose weight — Lemons contain pectin fiber, which assists in fighting hunger cravings.
– A potential drawback is that the citric acid in lemon juice could erode the enamel on your teeth. To prevent damage, make sure the water is lukewarm, not steaming hot. You can also drink through a straw, so it bypasses your teeth, and rinse your mouth with water immediately after drinking. Wait 60 minutes after drinking to brush your teeth.
There are tons of benefits to drinking more water. More later on the quality of the water you drink and why.
Meet Your Mentor
Ayurveda Consultant & Best Life Trainer
Help people live more naturally, so that healing and well-being can occur.
Sonja Breuer trained as an Ayurvedic consultant for seven years and obtained a master’s degree from Middlesex University, UK. She is a qualified Kundalini yoga and Hatha yoga teacher, as well as a Reiki practitioner, and a qualified life coach and mentor.