Waffles - not just for breakfast!
Waffles are our all around 'happy' food...and not just for breakfast! Use almond or oat flour for these scrumptious Keto waffles. Use the same recipe for pancakes.
- waffle iron (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 tsp almond or oat flour (finely ground)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp melted butter or ghee
Waffles and Blender
- Plug your waffle maker in. Set your oven to warm (150°F) and fit a baking sheet with a wire rack. Place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Add ingredients to a blender in the exact order as above.
- Brush the waffle maker with melted butter. Pour the batter into the waffle maker, using a scant ½ measuring cup per waffle and spreading the batter to the corners before closing the lid.
- Cook until puffy and set, about 5 minutes. When the first batch of waffles is ready, place the cooked waffles on the wire rack in the warm oven to keep them warm.
- Brush the waffle maker with more melted butter and repeat steps 5 and 6 until all the batter is gone. Serve the waffles immediately.
- Preheat an oiled pan* on the stove over medium-low to medium heat. Set your oven to warm (150°F) and fit a baking sheet with a wire rack. Place the baking sheet in the oven.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream cheese.
- Gradually add the almond or oat flour, whisking it in until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cinnamon and baking powder. Whisk until well blended.
- Batter should be the consistency of typical pancake batter. If it's too thick, add a little cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Don't add too much, or the pancakes will be too "wet".
- Drop the batter onto the hot pan and form into circles. Using a soup ladle, pour the batter into the pan.
- Cook for about 1.5-2 minutes, until bubbles start to form. Flip and cook another 1.5-2 minutes, until browned on the other side. When the first batch of waffles is ready, place the cooked waffles on the wire rack in the warm oven to keep them warm.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
Use your imagination using Keto-friendly ingredients like avocado and tomatoes. If you are a fan of waffles or pancakes, use this instead of bread,