Low-Carb and Healthy Pancakes
Light and fluffy gluten-free pancakes made almond flour. These low-carb pancakes are perfect served with butter and your favorite fruit topping or sugar-free syrup.
- 2 large eggs OR 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup milk you can substitute other milks like unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- butter and syrup for topping
- Heat non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. (You can use an immersion blender if needed)
- Using a ladle, pour circles of batter onto the pan, 1/8 cup (30 mL) at a time for 3 in (8 cm) pancakes. Cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until bubbles start to form on the edges. Flip and cook another minute or two, until browned on the other side.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
What is the difference between pancakes and crepes? Pancakes are thicker and fluffy while crêpes are thin and flat.