Vegan Oatmeal Banana Muffins
Healthy, vegan oatmeal banana muffins with no sugar! A really healthy breakfast or something to satisfy your sweet tooth! Instead of flour, we used oatmeal flour (ground rolled oats) and date paste instead of sugar. You don't taste the dates and it makes the cake nice and sweet.
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups oat flour 180 grams
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp date paste 60 grams
- 1/4 cup coconut oil 60 grams
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp cold water 50 milliliters
- pinch sea salt
- hand chopped dark chocolate / nuts / grated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 340 °F / 170 °C and grease the muffin pans (or use cupcake liners). Tip: use a silicone mold, so you don't have to grease.
- Add the oat flour in a bowl. If you have rolled oats instead of oat flour, grind the rolled oats in a food processor or (hand) blender until you have oat flour!
- Grind the dates and bananas in your blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut oil, salt, water and optionally the spices (cinnamon or biscuit and gingerbread spices). Mix until smooth.
- Grind (or spatula) the oat flour + baking powder through the mixture until you have a nice batter. If you like creamy banana bread, add a little more water. The thickness of your batter also depends on the size of your bananas.
- Pour your batter into the muffin pan. *Optional* decorate each one with a slice of banana.
- Bake the banana muffins for 40 minutes. From 40 minutes, check with a skewer whether it is cooked. Let the banana muffins cool for another 10 minutes after you have taken it out. Enjoy warm with butter or your favorite jam.
Add raisins, nuts and / or fruit to the batter for a different flavor and texture! You can also pour the batter into a loaf pan for a vegan oatmeal banana bread version.