Strip roast stewed in red wine
- 1 kg meaty strip roast
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and diced)
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 ripe tomato (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 potatoes (diced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 stalk leek (diced)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup water
- fresh parley chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Cut the roast into large pieces and rub the meat with salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
- In a deep nonstick skillet or casserole, brown the meat. Remove it and keep it warm.
- Add more oil to the skillet, scraping up the browned bits. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the flour and wine) including the bay leaves and sauté well for about 5 minutes.Next, add the flour, mix well, add the red wine and water, cook for one hour.
- Finally add the potatoes previously sauteed to the meat cooking, cook a few more minutes, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve very hot.
Pumpkin cream with asparagus, ginger, dried tomatoes and arugula A delicious creamy mix best served hot. 250 grams pumpkin 100 grams potatoes 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped 2 sprigs chives, finely chopped 3 tbsp unsalted butter 1/2 liter chicken broth 2 tbsp...
Banana Cupcake with Frosting 2 very ripe bananas250 grams all-purpose flour1/2 tsp baking soda12 tsp baking powder3/4 ts[ salt120 grams unsalted butter120 grams sugar3 eggs1/2 cup milk1 tsp vanilla essence Preheat the oven to 200°C; put the cups on the cupcake...
Asian Chicken Meatballs These superquick, juicy little Asian-inspired meatballs are great wrapped in lettuce cups or served with steamed rice. For the meatballs500 grams ground chicken1 cup fine breadcrumbs1 clove garlic1 tsp soy sauce1 tsp sesame oil1 tsp...