Strip roast stewed in red wine
A very rich and easy to make dish. You can also use pork ribs instead of beef.
- 1 kg meaty strip roast
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and diced)
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 ripe tomato (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 potatoes (diced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 stalk leek (diced)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup water
- fresh parley chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Cut the roast into large pieces and rub the meat with salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
- In a deep nonstick skillet or casserole, brown the meat. Remove it and keep it warm.
- Add more oil to the skillet, scraping up the browned bits. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the flour and wine) including the bay leaves and sauté well for about 5 minutes.Next, add the flour, mix well, add the red wine and water, cook for one hour.
- Finally add the potatoes previously sauteed to the meat cooking, cook a few more minutes, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve very hot.
This dish works well with a good tempranillo red wine.!