Warm Spiced Milk With Honey (Ayurveda)
This warm drink is spiced with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and more. Enjoy a mug to help you get a good night's sleep or as a relaxing way to start the morning. From an Ayurveda perspective, this drink supports the lungs and opens up airways so you can breathe freely.
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger (fresh - finely grated OR dried)
- 2 tsp honey my personal favorite is azahar (orange blossom)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 whole star anise
- Add the milk and spices into a small pot on medium-high heat. Heat the milk, stirring, until just under boiling for about 5 minutes or less.
- Remove from heat and let the spices infuse for another 10 minutes.
- Pour into mugs. Add honey to taste and top with ground cinnamon (optional). Enjoy!