Zucchini Noodles With Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo sauce is originally from Rome and is a mixture of butter, Parmesan cheese and heavy cream, pepper and salt. You will be surprised that this vegan version does not detract from the original flavor.
- 1 medium zucchini per person
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds per person
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp crushed garlic or dried garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 medium to large lemon
- 2 tbsp brewer's yeast "levadura de cerveza"
- 50 gr soaked cashews see notes below for a quick 15-minute version
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds "semillas de cáñamo"
- 10 gr pine nuts "piñones"
- pinch freshly ground pepper
- pinch ground sea salt
How to make zucchini noodles
- The ideal tool to turn vegetables into noodles is called a spiralizer. You simply cut off the ends and place the zucchini in a horizontal position and turn the manual crank.
- If you don't have a spiralizer, you can also use a mandoline. The mandoline creates julienne noodles that are slightly thicker than a peeler, but does it in half the time. The blades are SUPER sharp on a mandoline, so please always use the plastic holder or a cut-resistant glove.
Preparing the noodles
- Option 1: add them directly to the sauce
- Option 2: Add 1/2 tsp sea salt to pull water out of the zucchini.
- Option 3: If you prefer to eat your noodles hot, simply saute them in a pan with a bit of oil and some sliced garlic. They will be spectacular.
Prepare the sauce
- Add the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Prepare individual bowls filled with zucchini noodles, add the sauce and top with sliced almonds. Enjoy!
How to soak cashews in 15-minutes.
- Place cashews in a small pot and cover with water. Bring water to boil.
- Add a spritz of lemon juice.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain.